Saturday, September 5, 2009

Prayer Requests: September 5, 2009

Thank you for being a part of my support community in the United States and Chile (shout out to Alexis, Pato and María!) I am far away from home, but I know that I am not alone. God is with me, and I need you with me as well. From now until October 2011, there are going to be a lot of ups and downs. Right now I’m feeling pretty good about everything, but there has already been a down moment (when I got sick) and there are certain to be more, especially when I lose the support group of other Americans at the end of October. So I would really appreciate it if you could support me with your comments, letters and e-mails. I don’t want to lose touch with the life I was/will be blessed to have in the U.S., and it’s important to me to know what’s going on in your lives. My contact info should be visible on this blog.

A big way to support me is to pray for me. I’m going to list prayer requests on this page quite frequently, and I would love it if you did support me in this way. I’m glad to return the favor, or to pray for you even if you don’t pray for me J. For the first time in my life, I’m having some measure of success with daily devotionals and am praying a little bit every day, and so I can remember you in that.

My prayer requests:
1. Thanking God for leading me here and for the standing in the town which I enjoy
2. That I resist temptations of any kind
3. For meaningful connections with other PCT’s/PCV’s
4. To have the strength and patience to be outgoing and social every day
5. For the two girls and the elderly man I mentioned in the post “Wrestling with my Limits”
6. Also, remember my brothers and sisters in Christ at Brown as they start a new school year

Thank you very much!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to keep you and your requests in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Phil,

    I will remember you in prayer. I, too, struggle with getting in daily Bible reading and prayer.

    When I think of the young men & women at PPC who are your age, you have always stood out to me as one who will devote your life to service. It astounds me that you have been so willing to serve in this way. The adjustment is certainly difficult, but it will come, and when you return home, I am sure you will be able to reflect on many lives you have affected, one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my prayers friend.
    RE: resistance to temptation. At Ren today Scott's message was on discipline in our spiritual lives and he specifically spoke on prayer in Matthew 26:36-46. Verse 41--Jesus says to his disciples after finding them asleep in Gethsemane, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

    ReplyDelete